- To calculate Domain Authority, over 40 signals are taken into consideration.
- Websites that rank higher on search engines tend to have a high DA.
- Domain Authority doesn’t increase overnight.
- High Domain Authority leads to high search engine rankings which in turn leads to more traffic.
Methods to increase Domain Authority(DA)
1) Curate Linkable Content – In order to earn high-quality links form multiple domains, which both MozRank and MozTrust use as important factors, you need to create high-quality content that is published regularly. The better your content is, the more likely it will be that another authoritative site will link to it.
2) Quality Content – You need to write quality content in order to achieve a good DA score. Unique and approachable content gets value everywhere. If you want to write quality content, you need a great strategy. Always remember
CONTENT IS KING
3) Improve Internal Linking Structure – Many people don’t give Internal Linking Structure the importance it deserve, Webmasters are so concerned about earning external links that they overlook the importance of internal links.
Internal links help to direct visitors to what they are trying to find, thereby improving their user experience.
But only link to old posts which are similar to current post.
Internal linking also helps in spreading link juice and Page Authority (PA) throughout your website. Interlinking will allow both users and search engines to easily navigate your website.
4) On-Page SEO – Here is a simple checklist that will help you maintain your On-Page Optimization:
- Keyword density- Avoid keyword stuffing and keep the density between 0.5 to 1.5%.
- Heading tags- Use heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to highlight main points.
- Targeted keyword- Choose a perfect keyword for your blog posts. Prefer long-tail keywords as they are easier to rank. Use your focus keyword once in the first paragraph of your post, if possible.
- Permalink structure- Use an SEO-friendly permalink structure which contains your focus keyword.
- Meta description- Fill out your meta description. Don’t leave it blank. Your meta description should have your focus keyword in it.
- Write keyword rich titles- The title of your blog post should be attractive and keyword rich. It is better to start your title with your focus keyword.
- Image optimization- Optimize your images to boost your SEO status.
5) Remove/Disavow Bad or Toxic Links – It is essential to remove bad links regularly that are affecting your site’s position on Google. Removing toxic and spammy links is as important as gaining quality links.
Every once in a while, you should go through your link profile and search for any backlinks that are bad or toxic. This will allow you to remove links from bad sources that could end up hurting your domain authority instead of helping it.
You should also remove any links posted throughout your website that lead to bad sites or are broken as these will have a negative impact as well.
At the most basic level, to have a good link profile, you have to do two things:
- Get rid of bad links.
- Gain good links.
6) Publish New Content Frequently – It is not easy to post on a regular basis. Domain Authority will increase if you keep posting regularly, but it may decrease if you do not.
Benefits of regular posting:
- Higher traffic, higher revenue, higher page rank.
- Develops writing skills
- Lots of quality content to link to.
- Generates trust among visitors.
- There’s always something new to share with your readers.
7) Promote Content on Social Media – Because social signals are a big ranking factor, you’ll need to promote your content on social media in order to obtain those signals. You should also include Social Sharing Buttons on each page.
8) Be patient, let it age – Old websites are more likely to rank higher in Search Engine Rank Page. The domain’s age will help you increase your site’s ranking and DA score. Generally speaking, the older the domain, the higher its authority.
Domain age doesn’t automatically translate into domain authority, however. If the domain falls into disrepair, maintains outdated SEO techniques, lacks fresh content, or builds up a cruddy link profile, it will lose its DA.